Thursday, March 31, 2011

CREEPY 1985 CLAYMATION

I don't know about you guys, but when I was a kid flipping channels and I came across claymation, I stopped and watched, no matter what the subject. There's just something about the process of claymation that seems magical and otherworldly... almost Biblical, really. After all, what are we if not God's Golems; shaped clay with the magical spark of life inside of us? Anyway, I find it amusing that this claymation adaptation of an unfinished Mark Twain story addresses that very point, in very effective and extremely creepy fashion. Some might find it distasteful that such disturbing subject matter was deemed appropriate for children. Personally, I think it's fine, and well worth watching. So I share it with all of you. As always, comments are welcome!

1 comment:

  1. The Mysterious Stranger segment is the best thing in that flick. Not that the rest of the movie sucks or anything, there's just something extra-cool about that part.

    ReplyDelete